Gymea is conveniently located only 35 minutes from the Gold Coast, 2 hrs from Brisbane, 50 minutes from Byron Bay and 12 minutes from Murwillumbah. It is situated in the largest volcanic Caldera in the Southern Hemisphere and close to the majestic Mt. Warning.
Set on the banks of the Tweed River, Murwillumbah is renowned for its attractive scenery and is often referred to as the “prettiest town in Australia”. It hosts a range of delightful cafés and restaurants. There are also many wonderful drives into the surrounding National Parks, Nature Reserves and small villages.
Stay a little longer
If you want to explore the area before or after your Gateway Retreat, there are a range of activities to make your whole experience even more special. Perhaps you want to arrive early and unwind from life, or perhaps you want to stay a bit longer and let the whole experience settle in before rejoining normal life?
There are a range of places to visit include:
- Springbrook National Park and the Natural Bridge to visit to one of nature’s wonders.
- Tweed Regional Art Gallery
- Visit Byron Bay, one of the worlds most beautiful holiday destinations
- Mt Warning National Park to climb Mt Warning
- Local markets at Uki, Murwullimbah, Mullumbimby, The Channon, Bangalow and Byron Bay
- Madura Tea Estates
For more information on local restaurants, accommodation and activities go to Destination Tweed.